Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Keeping a Balance

During my first year of college, I began to notice that most of the students that I knew had divided themselves into two groups: those who decided that college was made to have fun, so they forgot about everything except for having fun, and then there were those who locked themselves in their rooms all day in an effort to get good grades. I wanted to make the most out of college, and I had goals to do well in school and get good grades, but I also knew that I would go crazy if I didn't get outdoors and explore a little. In my first semester, I felt torn between two worlds.
Fortunately, I was committed to not forgetting my passions as a student, and for the past three years, I have been able to ski two or three times a week, enjoy the outdoors, spend time with friends and family, and do well in school. As I have worked to make this possible in my life, I have learned a lot of valuable lessons of what to do and what not to do, and I have realized that there are many people who struggle to balance all of their goals and their passions. This blog is for those people who are struggling to balance all of the pressures in their lives. I hope to be able to help you take care of your responsibilities and still find time to enjoy your passions.


No comments:

Post a Comment